It may be summer, but many families continue to face major changes in their day-to-day lives because of the coronavirus pandemic. With all the unknowns that come with a new virus, it’s normal to feel anxious about the “what ifs” and the future.
From Children’s Health, here are 8 tips for managing children’s anxiety about COVID-19.
- Create a routine
- Check-in frequently and listen
- Catch the signs of anxiety early
- Teach children coping skills for anxiety
- Focus on what you can control
- Encourage positive thinking
- Stay connected with others
- Seek professional help if needed