Oklahoma law requires parents of all children attending school or childcare facilities to submit acceptable evidence of adequate immunization or exemption. Such proof is required before the child is allowed to enter or attend school.
The State Board of Health prescribes the immunizations required and the manner and frequency of administration. These requirements conform to recognized medical practices in the state. The Oklahoma State Department of Health supervises and enforces the required immunizations. Recommended Vaccine Schedule
Per Oklahoma State requirements for school enrollment, a parent or guardian shall provide one of the following:
1. Current, up-to-date immunization records;
2. A completed and signed exemption form.
Certificate of Exemption ODH Form #216A (69k.pdf)
Children with specific medical contraindications to any or all immunizations may apply for an exemption. The children will be allowed to attend school if the medical reason is stated and a licensed physician signs the statement.
Children whose parents have objections to immunizations based on religious teaching or personal beliefs may also apply for an exemption.
- The school will provide an exemption form to the parent/guardian.
- The form must be appropriately completed and signed.
- The parent submits the form to the school.
- The school will submit the form to the OK Immunization Service for state approval.