Fourteen of our SCA elementary students competed in the Tulsa Research Kids DreamUp competition. Eight Summit teams conducted space-based research, proposed an experiment, and presented a proposal for judging. Students were encouraged to dream big and think deeply about humankind’s future in space.
- Stryker Ashworth and Ainsley Rose placed 2nd with Sea Monkeys in Space.
- Bella Morris and Hattie Stout came home with 3rd place for Coffee and Creamer.
Middle School Category:
- Addison Taylor and Mayzie Burke won with Wear-Flex Rubber Compound.
- Kathryn Lermy and Emma Franco placed 2nd with Vitamins.
- Fletcher Morris and Xander Reed came home with 3rd place for Vitamin Jell-O.
Four of our Summit teams were announced as finalists for the next round of the competition. The top 3 teams overall, to be announced in December, will prepare an experiment to launch to the International Space Station in the summer of 2020.
Mrs. Stephanie Bradley
Summit Christian Academy
Elementary STEAM & Enrichment Instructor
View images below.
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”11″ gal_title=”Tulsa Research Kids DreamUp Competition”]